Beyond the Game Challenges
Beyond the Game Challenges for ALL Gamers
So, what's a Beyond the Game Challenge?
Beyond the Game Challenges are where esports Clubs across North America can tap into their talent apart from their competitive teams! Here, students with interests in the different sectors of the Esports Ecosystem (below) can learn new skills, expand their knowledge, and gain real experience in potential future career opportunities and compete for promotion, NASEF swag, mentoring sessions with esports industry professionals and collegiate leaders.
So, for the student who loves video games and esports - we want to see your passion for esports and your esports club come alive this winter! Use your creativity, curiosity, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills to take on one or more of the challenges below!
Interested in participating? Be sure to activate your esports club!
Submit your Winter 2020 Beyond the Game Challenge by January 31st for the chance to earn a $500 scholarship!
Guidelines and Details
How It Works
Review the list of Beyond the Game Challenges. Determine which Challenge you would like to take on. Plan your project and timeline accordingly, and submit your Challenge submission online at Beyond the Game Challenges or within your Club Portal. NASEF Members can submit entries for more than one Challenge. NASEF Members can also submit as individuals or as teams. See guidelines for submission details for each and review each Challenge as their awards and requirements are specific to each Challenge.
All students who submit a Challenge must:
- Be an active member of a Club activated in the North America Scholastic Esports Federation in the United States or Canada.
- Active Member for a student means completion of student and parent/guardian forms and student has met eligibility requirements. See Student Eligibility for more information.
- Active Club means complete activation with the North America Scholastic Esports Federation. See Getting Started for more information.
Winter Beyond the Game Challenges Are Here!
Looking for a cheat code for BTG Challenge "When I Grow Up: Interview an Esports Professional"? We'll be going live on Twitch with different esports professionals to provide you the content you need to write and submit for this challenge!
- Marc Urbino, Video Producer, 100 Thieves - Click to Watch
- Challenge #1 Clip It: Submit Video Clips of Your Club
- Challenge #2 We're Going Live: Stream a Club Event
- Challenge #3 Time to Party: Host a Viewing Party
- Challenge #4 When I Grow Up: Interview an Esports Professional
- Challenge #5 Bring the Game to Life: Create Fan Art or Cosplay
- Challenge #6 Making Money Moves: Host a Fundraiser
- Challenge #7 Let's Get Hype: Create a Club or Team Video
- Challenge #8 Create Your Own: Submit a Beyond the Game Challenge
- Challenge #9 An Apple a Day: Create a Healthy Gaming Plan
- Challenge #10 Adopt a Bot: Implement a Bot in Your Discord Server
- Challenge #11 Fix the Meta: Develop a Better Game Patch
- Challenge #12 Blocks Rock: Create an Esports Map using Minecraft
- Challenge #13 Put Me In Coach: Analyze Game Play with VOD Reviews
- Each winner (individual or team entry) will receive a mentoring session with an esports industry professional or an esports collegiate leader, as well as:
- Individual entry - $500 scholarship to be used toward a post-secondary opportunity, administered via a third party partner
- Team entry - $500 grant to be awarded to the affiliated NASEF club
- One of the following, as identified by challenge:
- Copic Markers 12-Piece Basic Set
- Western Digital SSD Storage
- $50 Amazon Gift Card
- Logitech C922 Pro HD Stream Webcam
- 1-month Discord Nitro subscription
- Pizza party for your Club (up to$50)
- Recognition on the NASEF website and social media
* Please note some awards will be awarded to an individual student or team, depending on the award and entry type. See each Challenge for award details.