Become a NASEF Scholastic Fellow for 2019-20
Applications are due by Friday, September 20, 2019 at 5:00pm PT | 6:00pm MT | 7:00pm CT | 8:00pm ET
NASEF is excited to launch an exciting new program for educators across North America. The NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program provides lesson plans, a professional learning community, a stipend and instructional coaching for passionate educators who want to bring esports + learning into their classrooms and afterschool programs.
NASEF hears from many educators interested in developing curriculum, but they are uncertain where to start. This program is designed to support educators in the development and implementation of lessons plans by equipping them with an community and instructional coach! If you are a middle school or high school educator, we hope you apply and join our professional learning community.
NASEF has two Scholastic Fellow Programs to choose from:
NASEF invites educators interested in implementing NASEF’s Integrated Curriculum for grades 6-8th in their classrooms or after-school/out-of-school time programs to apply to become a NASEF Scholastic Fellow.
NASEF Scholastic Fellow Benefits
- Instructional and curriculum implement support
- One-on-one coaching with NASEF’s Esports Instructional Coach (at least twice a month, in person or virtually)
- Support in lesson plan organization and modification
- Access to NASEF curricula for middle and high school
- Contribute to the NASEF Curriculum Library
- Coaching in instruction and curriculum development and implementation
- Membership in our NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program Professional Learning Community
- Monthly virtual meetings (1 hour, November - June 2020).
- Opportunities to collaborate with your NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program colleagues on organizing, modifying, and analyzing lesson plans, planning events, and more
- Exposure to specially curated content to support curriculum implementation
- Opportunities to record your lesson plans and receive feedback
- The NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program Professional Learning Community will include:
- Help grow esports and learning in your community
- Support for NASEF club activation at your high school
- Host an esports and learning showcase at your high school
- Be showcased at the NASEF Scholastic Esports Night Across North America
- Travel stipends (with approval) to speak at local, regional and state conferences and professional events
- Be recognized as an esports and learning leader across North America
- Recognition on NASEF website/blog/social media.
- Potential invitation to a live NASEF event
- Receive a special NASEF polo and other NASEF swag.
- Be a guest speaker on one of NASEF webinars and/or videos
- Receive a stipend of $2,000 upon completion of program to help further support their esports and learning efforts.
- Friday, August 16, 2019: NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program application launches
- Thursday, August 29, 2019 @ 1:30pm PT | 2:30pm MT | 3:30pm CT | 4:30pm ET: Webinar: NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program Overview
- Friday, September 20, 2019 @ 5:00pm PT | 6:00pm MT | 7:00pm CT | 8:00pm ET: NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program application closes
- Friday, September 27, 2019: Applicant notifications to be sent out
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019 @ 2:00pm PT | 3:00pm MT | 4:00pm CT | 5:00pm ET: NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program Kick-Off (Virtual) (1 hour)
NASEF Scholastic Fellow Program Overview
Interested in learning more about becoming a NASEF Scholastic Fellow? Our webinar from Thursday, August 29 is live on our YouTube!