Win Scholarships and Grants up to $5k, sponsored by the Anaheim Ducks Foundation.
NHL 19 High School Scholastic Tournament
Interested in competing against other SoCal* high school students? NASEF is partnering with the Anaheim Ducks to present the NHL 19 High School Scholastic Tournament. Once your NASEF Club is activated, your general manager will be able to opt-in to the NHL 19 High School Scholastic Tournament, receive additional information on how to develop a Club and support your team, and be in direct communication with our staff for any additional support.
* Participation in this tournament is limited to NASEF clubs within Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties.
If you do not already have a NASEF Club, but are interested in participating in this tournament, please visit the Getting Started page or email us at email@example.com! Activation takes no more than 10 minutes!
This page covers:
- Key Dates
- Weekly Schedule
- Tournament Information
- Roster Information
- IT Requirements (coming soon)
- Official Tournament Ruleset (coming soon)
Suggested Club Activation Period: December 18th, 2018 - December 31st, 2018
Tournament Opt-In: December 18th, 2018 - February 15, 2019
Recommended Tournament Opt-In: January 20th 12:00 PM PT
Earlier submission suggested for clubs who need sponsored equipment.
Week 1 Active Roster Deadline: February 15th 4:00 PM PT
Regular Season: February 18th - March 15th
Tiebreakers/Online Playoffs (as needed): March 16th - 24th
Finals: Late March (TBA)
Weekly opt-in due: Fridays 7:00 PM PT
Brackets posted: Sundays 5:00 PM PT
Gameplay: Monday through Friday
Default Match Time: TBA
While supplies last, NASEF will sponsor the following equipment that clubs will get to keep after the conclusion of the tournament!
NASEF will provide up to two kits per Club. Each kit includes:
- 1 copy of NHL 19
- 3 Month Gold Membership for Xbox Live
- 1 Xbox
- 1 Monitor
- 2 Controllers
- 1 Power box
- 1 HDMI cable
- 1 Monitor power cable
- 1 Power cable
Any players interested in competing MUST have a club activated with NASEF, meeting all club and student requirements below.
Please note: this tournament will be conducted via Xbox One consoles only, (both Xbox One S and Xbox One X models).
All high schools and community-based organizations located in North America, including the United States, including its territories, Mexico and Canada are eligible to sign-up to become a “Club” within the North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF). However, only Clubs located in Southern California will be eligible to participate in the NHL 19 High School Scholastic Tournament
All students participating in the North America Scholastic Esports Federation (NASEF) must meet the minimum eligibility requirements for club participation regardless of where the Club is located (school or community-based organization):
- NASEF participation is open to high school students.
- The high school student must enroll in the NASEF Club at a high school or community-based organization.
- The high school student is currently enrolled in at least 20 semester units of work at a high school as defined in the Club Eligibility guidelines.
- The high school student maintained satisfactory citizenship (no N or U) during previous grading period at a high school or is good standing at the community-based organization.
- The high school student must have earned a grade point average of 2.0 or better in all subjects during the previous grading period preceding his/her participation.
See the full eligibility requirements on our Getting Started page.
Code of Conduct
All participants must adhere to the official NASEF Code of Conduct.
Teams will compete in a four-week Swiss format. Each week, teams who are available will opt-in to one of the two designated match days and be matched against an opponent with the same number of match wins. Matches will be best-of-three series and held over Xbox Live.
Teams earn qualifier points for attendance, wins, and other bonuses
The top 16 teams will advance to a four-round single elimination phase, with the Finals being a best-of-five series.
100 points for participating
200 points for 2-0 win (100+200 = 300 total for the week)
150 points for 2-1 win (100+150 = 250 total for the week)
Perfect attendance bonus for participating in all four weeks TBA
General Managers will update their Active Rosters on the GM portal before each weekly deadline. to indicate which teams are competing that week and what day(s) they will play. For NHL 19, we require the following information:
- Team Name
- Player First Name
- Player Last Initial
- Discord Username
- Xbox Live Gamer Tag
- Active Rosters will lock every Friday at 7:00PM PT the week before the official week of gameplay.
Official Tournament Ruleset
Scholarships and Grants up to $5k, sponsored by the Anaheim Ducks Foundation.